Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 100

Thread: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

  1. #21
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Listen, if I went to the trouble to post the pros of McCain, you wouldn't even consider them. Your gut reaction would be to refute them less your limited insight be crumbled. Churchill said that a 20 year old that isn't a liberal is heartless, a 40 year old who isn't a conservative is brainless. I stood in line to vote in 1980 for the first time, gung ho on Carter (I repented many times for that). They even annouced that Carter was about to deliver his concession speech while I was still outside the voting building. I still voted for him (God, please forgive me)! My point is this: I too was once a new voter, very passionate about it, voted with my emotion rather than my head. I respect your enthusiam, but always be open for growth and change. </div></div>
    That post holds true from the other point of view as well...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #22
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He will lower taxes for 20 percent of American households (for anyone making less than 250 grand a year.)</div></div>

    80% make over $250,000 a year?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think his healthcare plan will work and it will help millions of Americans without insurance. </div></div>

    What will it do for ME? I currently have insurance that I am happy with (Will I have to change/pay more/pay less)

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He will not privatize Social Security. </div></div>

    What is his plan then? Privatization of SS sounds like a bad Idea right now but for ME (35 years Old) I am looking at putting in MUCH more money in than I will ever get out of it and you as an 18 year old will be worse off than I will be.....I do not know what the right answer is but not changing anything will be a bigger disaster than Privatizing it What is his plan?


    And Last and MOST important to me is he going to Screw the economy of SWVA by killing Coal and Natural Gas? DO NOT give me the standard "he is for clean coal" when Biden has said that he only wanted clean coal for China and "NO COAL" in the USA


    He has talked about rebuilding infestructure in America and IMHO it is one thing that does draw me to him a bit.....Is the plan for the Government to take over the Electric Utilities? (I assume that if the Gov is going to pump a ton of money into Solar and Wind and Nuclear (Maybe) and the current anti business mentality in Washington that the only way for this to happen would be for it to be Gov owned)


    Based on what I have posted above tell me why I should Vote for Obama/ Against McCain (Do not start calling those in office names IMHO there are no stupid people running for President or VP and when you start calling people fools for no other reason than they disagree with you it turns off ALOT of people)

  3. #23
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    Flap...flap...flap Obama is starting to sound like a fish out of water. Only thing is...how many will vote against Bush?

  4. #24
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    Here, for one.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #25
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    I am voting for Obama because he represents change, which is what the US needs right now. He will not continue the failed policies of the fool in office right now. He voted against the war in Iraq. I think his healthcare plan will work and it will help millions of Americans without insurance. He will lower taxes for 20 percent of American households (for anyone making less than 250 grand a year.) His troop withdrawl plan to get most troops out of Iraq by 2010. Obama would be more rational and would think things through before entering another war and endangering American lives. He will not privatize Social Security. And I like his American Opportunity Tax credit-which helps college students. etc </div></div>


    May I ask when Obama voted agains the war in Iraq? He may have voted against funding for Iraq and the troops, but I don't believe he had the chance to vote against Iraq did he?

    Also since you are out there and have to know what Obama's gonna do, will his healthcare plan be cut, or what idea will be cut in order to keep taxes down and pay for the bailout, or will taxes be increased by a high percentage to all in order to help fund the bailout if it happens and all of his plans?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #26
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    The fact of the matter is, anything is better than staying the course...and a vote for McCain is a vote to remain on the course we are on. This whole election boils down to that and that only. Everyone is making excuses and attacks against each candidate...but it boils down to a vote to continue Bush and the GOP's policy of the past 8 years or not...cuz McCain isn't exactly full of ideas either..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #27
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    I have always felt that generally being somewhere in the middle is the best for this country. Its generally why the best things that can happen do, when we have seperate parties heading the legilative and executive branch. McCain is far more moderate than Obama, and less like Bush than most paint him to be. Yes, he has voted for 90% of Bush's policies, but Obama has voted for 97% of Dems policies. I tend to think the lowe the number of percent of voting for their own party, probably the better off we are.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #28
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    I think a total rejection of the current policies is the best bet. It's just a difference in opinion I guess.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #29
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think a total rejection of the current policies is the best bet. It's just a difference in opinion I guess. </div></div>


    Are you planning on voteing against Boucher as well?

  10. #30
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment

    Considering he voted for the bailout..I'm strongly considering it...if not I won't vote for Boucher or his opponent..just not cast.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •